PRESCHOOL | 36-41 Months
From potty training, to starting to read and write, this age is an important milestone to gain valuable skills and independence.
EDUCATION IS THE HEART OF WHAT WE DO
Safety of your toddler is our #1 priority
Every choice we’ve made at our center is to ensure the safety of your toddler. From the proper beds and mattresses, to fun but age-appropriate toys, and of course our incredible staff that will care for your toddler like their own.
IT'S ALL ABOUT GAINING MORE INDEPENDENCE!
Your 3 year old is going through great changes, and their greatest desire is to become independent — something you’ll love as a parent!
Our curious caterpillars learn much through participation and of course their curiosity. They gain more independence as they desire to do things on their own and see the outcome. Potty training is essential and an important milestone for our little three-year-old class. Their language and social skills are still developing so they might stutter when talking in full phrases and communicating their thoughts. These little caterpillars will soon want to start taking control of their environment by trying challenging tasks by themselves and planning activities on their own.
Some challenges our Curious Caterpillars might encounter is sharing with others and being a little stubborn (although they have significantly progressed). These little ones just need to be encouraged, and that is exactly our goal as we go through their daily routine in every activity.
You tell us what you'd like
Your preferences are incredibly important to us, so please let us know all about your little one and we’ll do our best to cater our care to their needs.
Our Curious Caterpillars Program Toddlers flourish in routine!
Toddlers feel confident in themselves and secure about their world when they know what to expect. Which is why we have carefully designed (orchestrated?) a routine that best fits their natural rhythm and your schedule!
ARRIVAL TIME | 6:30am-9:00am
- Your Daring Dragonfly Gets A Warm Welcome From Our Teachers and Staff
- Yummy Healthy Breakfast (8:00am)
- Personal Hygiene Care Routine (diapering/potty/handwashing)
- Free Play (we arrange self-directed activities that help your child gain indepedence and learn about themselves!)
TRANSITION | 9:00am
CIRCLE TIME | 9:05am-9:30am
- Teacher-directed Activities (Where they can share their thoughts, ideas, and spend time with their peers by participating together – great for their continuous language development and expanding emotional and social skills)
LEARNING CENTER | 9:30am-10:00am
- Learn about different subjects at school in a fun manner
The class is divided up in activity rotations (puzzle play which helps stimulate critical thinking; coloring which promotes creating thinking)
WRITING/READING ACTIVITIES | 10:30am
- Activities that develop their language and social skills as they begin to write and read, resulting in a headstart in the literacy learning process
MATH EXERCISES | 11:00am
- Exercises geared to expand cognitive and critical thinking
MUSIC AND MOVEMENT | 11:30am
- Great way to refresh the children and get them excited for the rest of the day
Allows for expression of their creative thinking as they sing and dance along with their peers and teachers
LUNCH | 12:00pm-12:30pm
- All meals* provided in our preschool follow the USDA child care food program
OUTSIDE | 12:30pm-1:00pm
- Outdoor activities that promote fine and gross motor development
NAP/QUIET TIME | 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Time for refreshing their attentiveness and recharging for the rest of the day
SNACK TIME | 2:00pm-3:00pm
PLAY | 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Continue their rotations into different activities led by their teacher
AFTERCARE | 5:00pm
*We ensure your Curious Caterpillar gets a healthy balanced meal. An example includes milk, pulled chicken with an optional sauce, corn or other vegetable, macaroni and cheese, and peaches. Yum!
Frequently asked questions
On your first day here’s a list of the items to bring with you:
- Book bag (no wheels)
- Please bring with you an extra change of clothes including an underwear and a pair of socks in a labeled zip-lock bag in case of any accidents.
Additionally please write your child’s name on ALL of his/her supplies!
**DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE CHECKLIST HERE!
Our center uses Preschool2Me, an app that connects parents and the childcare center by providing digital daily reports, pictures and messages. In addition, parents may phone or e-mail us at any time. Parents may also request a parent/teacher meeting. We have an open-door policy, so parents may drop in at any time, but please stop by the office so that we can make sure the visit is not disruptive to the child or the classroom.
We gladly welcome parents to join us for celebrations, birthdays and presentations. A teacher may also ask for parent volunteers to help with an activity. If you would like to participate you may always ask the administration for opportunities. All parents who volunteer in the child’s class must pass a level 2 DCF fingerprint clearance.
Infants nap every day from 12:00 to 2:00 pm.
A developmental assessment in conducted annually. In addition, formal assessments are conducted quarterly. These assessments not only help parents to understand where their child is in his or her development, but also what areas can be strengthened. These assessments guide us, as educators, in developing our curriculum so that it matches the needs of the children in the class.
Yes, Springview Academy is accredited by the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA). In addition, we are also the only Disney Certified Childcare Center in North Dade, Florida.
We take the safety of our campuses very seriously. Our school is assessed for safety by the local police department in addition to having all our teachers and staff have all attended active shooter trainings. In addition, there are multiple security check points:
- Secured front entry door.
- Only authorized admittance. Unauthorized persons must wait to be assisted by a staff member.
- Immediate photo identification on office staff computers as parents and children enter to verify identity.
- Instant electronic record of your child’s arrival and departure.
- Computerized record of all individuals authorized to pick up your child.
- Security cameras throughout to ensure safety.
- Keypad system for access to the school.
You must give a minimum one month’s notice if you intend to withdraw your child from school, and partial months of attendance must be paid in full.
All students should bring an “emergency” change of clothes. Children who are not potty trained should also bring diapers and wipes as needed.
Our school is open from 6:30 am – 6:30 pm.
Every single staff member at Springview Academy is First Aid and CPR certified.
Our preschool is an Early Learning Coalition provider and accepts their School Readiness and VPK program. Our Upper School accepts the Step Up for Students Scholarship, McKay Scholarship and Hope Scholarship. Co-pays may apply.
To keep our children, their families and our staff healthy, we require that any child with a fever, vomiting or contagious disease be kept at home. We ask that children go fever free for 24 hours before returning to school. Students with contagious diseases must bring a clearance letter from the doctor upon their return to school.
We hope you do! We encourage you to visit while the program is in session to get the full experience. We offer individual tours during the day as well as one Open House in the beginning of the school year.